Thursday, February 19, 2015

Comic #120-121 : Kalankito Chora from Ranjan's Classics & A Story from 1996 Betty & Veronica SPECTACULAR

1980's was a period when a number of Bengali comic-series were introduced with the reader,majorly translated version of Western comics,and few were local creation! Majority of the series were promising but short-lived,and one of those was Ranjan's Classics. I have only 3 of this series(No.1,2 & 3) so have no idea about how many issues were released before the cancellation!
 Anyway,'Kalankito Chora' is a decent read supported by quality art, was translated by Sriavi Ashoke, but there is no mention of the original artist and script-writer.


 Other than Ranjan's Comics, some other notable Bengali comic-series I have came across from '80s are as follows(there were parallel Eng version of some of these series as well) :
  • Viswa Sahitya Chitrakatha
  • Avik Chitrakatha
  • Super Comics
  • War Comics
  • Viswa Sahitya Comics 
  • Chitrakalpo Katha (I don't have this series,have only an ad page but much similar with VSC)
  • Chandmama Comic & Classics
  • Chitrarath Comics (they tried to copy Indrajal's format-of-presentation but the quality of the art was pretty substandard)
  • Tin-murtir Avijan
  • Tinkle
  • Golden comic
  • Modern Chitrakatha
  • Hasir Comics
  • 3D Comics 
 There were few more but I don't have comics from these series right now..

Posting few selected covers from each of the above-mentioned series :










------------------------
Next is from a completely different genre. A space-travel story  - Virtual Unreality from the Betty & Veronica SPECTACULAR series,published on Apr'96(No.18).As expected you will get a fun-filled adventure which any Archie fan will enjoy for sure....


7 comments:

ranjan gangopadhyay said...

দারুন পোস্ট । অনেকগুলি স্ট্রিপ/ কমিক্স আগে পরেছি তবে অনেকগুলিই অজানা ছিলো । সাথে আর্চি উপরি পাওনা । ধন্যবাদ সাগ্নিক ।

Unknown said...

Je prochhod gulo diyecho , ogulo er 50% o jadi porte pai dhonyo mone korbo, tobe ektu taratari dio, je bhabe FLU hochhe

HojO said...

Thanks! Jodi karor oper series gulor baireo kichu jana thake,ektu ekhane mention korben...(ekhane series bolte ami sudhu '80s e introduced hoya lesser-known Bengali comics bolchi,orthat known series jemon Diamond Comics/Patrabharati'r Nonte-fonte/DSK-r Batul etc incld. noy!)

Arnab said...

Excellent Sagnik and thanks also

Unknown said...

I had all those Ranjan Classics and comics.Apart from those three I also had Muktijoddha and Sagar Parer Larai.I also had lots of Titles of Biswa Sahitya Chitrakatha including Iliod.But I lost all those.I'll be happy if you tell me the sources from where I can recover those.My Mob no-9831096677

Unknown said...

I had all those Ranjan Classics and comics.Apart from those three I also had Muktijoddha and Sagar Parer Larai.I also had lots of Titles of Biswa Sahitya Chitrakatha including Iliod.But I lost all those.I'll be happy if you tell me the sources from where I can recover those.My Mob no-9831096677

Unknown said...

amar kache 8 khana avik chitra katha ache,kintu mohikan nei,thanks hojo da.